Important for registering with services, receiving notifications, and as a server for Delta.Chat. Tutanota and Protonmail do not support third-party email clients and Delta.Chat (no IMAP).
- IP once per minute. Helps determine your location: at home, away from home, at work.
- Contents of your messages: what services you are registered on, bank and medical statements and more.
- Meta-information: with whom and when you communicate, even if you use encryption.
email@example.com will come to
The message for
firstname.lastname@example.org will create a
dir directory in the
email@example.com mailbox. All mail for
firstname.lastname@example.org will arrive in the
It may seem undeveloped or outdated to some. But it has the advantage of simplicity and small amount of code and bugs, which increases [security.md] and [privacy.md]. But it is better to use email clients and disable the web interface in SelfPrivacy App. This will reduce the attack surface and the risks of hacking.
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- FairEmail (Android)
- ? (iOS)
- ? (PinePhone)
- Email over 50 years old. In IT, it's a sign of technology maturity and reliability.
- Email, the most popular way to get infected with viruses, after installing them yourself with unlicensed software and cracks.
- Beware of phishing, it can rob you of your savings and control over your digital life.
- Create filter directories for different purposes. This will help protect against phishing and cluttering your inbox. Examples:
email@example.com- for registering with web services
- User-shops` - for web-stores
user-pay- payment systems
- User-forum` - forum notifications
- Use aliases for questionable services or one-time needs, such as
firstname.lastname@example.org. By aliases convenient to filter and mass delete mails. It is also convenient to find out exactly where your mail was leaked from.